Editors note: This post will start with our 1st pictures
of the living room and will them progress through our
unpacking/remodeling pictures. Rather than wait until it's all done,
I've decided to give periodic progress reports.
The master was painted already when we moved in. It seems to be in the best condition. We used it for storing everything until we were somewhat ready to put it up.
The master bath is a different story. At least the toilet worked and it had a door. The tub leaked at the whirlpool motor and the motor was unplugged. I'm guessing because it leaks. We've found the parts we need to fix the leak - $3.00 worth of parts and $16.00 in shipping. We're waiting until our next trip to a city with a good plumbing supply house.
October 2013:
We haven't done much to the master except fill it. We did install my fan which has traveled with us to each house we've owned. It's crystal and a polished rosewood. Very very pretty.
* not the best fan picture, it does show off the pretty designed the crystal makes on the ceiling thought.
In the bath, we've painted the walls a Smoked Oyster. We're still waiting to find a good plumbing house. Otherwise, the master bath seems to be in good shape. We need to install the pretties, like a toilet paper holder and towel hangers.
January 2014: We've installed the bath towels and new light fixtures in the bath. We've also put up some shelves in both the bath and my bedroom. I haven't decided if I like the color of the room yet. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I'm ready to paint, just don't know what yet. Still working on getting window covering - I've at least cut out the shades and have put the 1st seam in them.
In the tub area, we covered the clear glass with a frosted window film and during the cold weather, we decided to change out the non working bath fan for the lighted and heated fan we found in storage (I think we bought for the in town house and never got around to upgrading). Unfortunately, we need another circuit and an outside exhaust vent, which the current fan didn't have. So, in the process of installing the transfer switch, we are hoping to get a few extra circuits installed so we can finish putting in the heat fan.
The master was painted already when we moved in. It seems to be in the best condition. We used it for storing everything until we were somewhat ready to put it up.
The master bath is a different story. At least the toilet worked and it had a door. The tub leaked at the whirlpool motor and the motor was unplugged. I'm guessing because it leaks. We've found the parts we need to fix the leak - $3.00 worth of parts and $16.00 in shipping. We're waiting until our next trip to a city with a good plumbing supply house.
October 2013:
We haven't done much to the master except fill it. We did install my fan which has traveled with us to each house we've owned. It's crystal and a polished rosewood. Very very pretty.
* not the best fan picture, it does show off the pretty designed the crystal makes on the ceiling thought.
In the bath, we've painted the walls a Smoked Oyster. We're still waiting to find a good plumbing house. Otherwise, the master bath seems to be in good shape. We need to install the pretties, like a toilet paper holder and towel hangers.
January 2014: We've installed the bath towels and new light fixtures in the bath. We've also put up some shelves in both the bath and my bedroom. I haven't decided if I like the color of the room yet. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I'm ready to paint, just don't know what yet. Still working on getting window covering - I've at least cut out the shades and have put the 1st seam in them.
In the tub area, we covered the clear glass with a frosted window film and during the cold weather, we decided to change out the non working bath fan for the lighted and heated fan we found in storage (I think we bought for the in town house and never got around to upgrading). Unfortunately, we need another circuit and an outside exhaust vent, which the current fan didn't have. So, in the process of installing the transfer switch, we are hoping to get a few extra circuits installed so we can finish putting in the heat fan.














Comments