In my life this week...
It's been a different sort of a week. The weather has been nice and so we've spent alot of time outside and with the windows open. It's also been a week of reprimands. Everything this week has set someone off - be it birthday parties, homeschooling, weight loss, diabetes, vacation plans, job choices and locations, attending worship services, or disciplining our children. What has been accomplished this week? The car is now in tip top shape again. Craig changed all the spark plugs several months ago and our check engine light kept coming back. Finally visited the dealer and they fixed it with a $2.00 part. I was very afraid it was going to be so much more. We also have 2 new tires on the the front. Now, just need that oil change and we'll be good to go for our next adventure!
In our homeschool this week...
This week has been a sort of Spring Break. With it being the 1st nice all week weather, the kids have gone outside after breakfast and I don't see them again until lunch and then back out again until dinner. I think we are all caught up on PE credits now.
Places we're going and people we're seeing...
Last weekend, we visited the geographically closest grandparents. The kids had fun playing outside and helping Grandma water the garden and listening to Grandpa tell about all the wonderful vegetables they were going to have. The kids also went fishing and Z caught the only fish!! We went to piano lessons on Wednesday and were able to stay and visit a little bit because the people after us were not here this week. It's nice to visit instead of keeping everything formal sometimes. We also visited the dreaded Walmart where H decided that she needed to verify that there really was conditioner in the bottle and that the color of makeup I chose was really what it was suppose to be - all this right in the middle of the fabric section! Because of this, we didn't make it grocery shopping Friday, so I was able to go BY MYSELF this morning. It still took a while, but it was soooooo quiet.
My favorite thing this week was...
Watching the kids fish and seeing the pure joy on a little boys face when he caught his fish.
What's working/not working for us...
What's not working right now is this selling a house. The Spring is when I get the urge to rearrange and redecorate. I just can't do that this year. Maybe the extra effort to keep the house clean will suffice for now. I'm just ready for a new house and ready to have everything out of storage again. I'm also ready to do some gardening. I've done enough to keep the house looking nice, but I don't want to do more because it would be "wasted" efforts. I have lots of ideas for outdoor living improvements. Hopefully someone will want to buy the house this week - since it's PS Spring Break!
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
I think taking a small break this week has been very good. The kids have been racing around the house the last few weeks and now they've been able to expel some of their energy and will now be all refreshed for Monday morning.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

Comments