I, as many others, have been looking for ways to reduce our spending. One blog I follow is Frugal Hacks. Several of their recent posts have been about hinderance to frugality. Today, I found one of my hinderances!
We went to Walmart to get a few quick things - milk, toilet paper, and the minimum amount of fruit and vegetables that will be tolerated by the masses. The minimum is usually apples, oranges and bananas. Well, we had salad for dinner! And will have Chinese with squash and zuchini tomorrow and we'll have fresh green beans sometime this week. WHY?
Well, there is this very cute little boy I know who HATES vegetables and claims to only eat chicken nuggets! This little boy was walking the produce section and picked out the green beans (he can't read yet) and said he wanted some. I did a double take and told him what they were and asked if he really would eat them. Yes, of course! So, we added fresh green beans to our cart. Then, he proceded to select squash, zuchini, fresh spinach, carrots, cauliflour, and brocolli. So, we bought them all.
And, he ate the wonderful salad which he helped fix (covered in Ranch dressing)!
We went to Walmart to get a few quick things - milk, toilet paper, and the minimum amount of fruit and vegetables that will be tolerated by the masses. The minimum is usually apples, oranges and bananas. Well, we had salad for dinner! And will have Chinese with squash and zuchini tomorrow and we'll have fresh green beans sometime this week. WHY?
Well, there is this very cute little boy I know who HATES vegetables and claims to only eat chicken nuggets! This little boy was walking the produce section and picked out the green beans (he can't read yet) and said he wanted some. I did a double take and told him what they were and asked if he really would eat them. Yes, of course! So, we added fresh green beans to our cart. Then, he proceded to select squash, zuchini, fresh spinach, carrots, cauliflour, and brocolli. So, we bought them all.
And, he ate the wonderful salad which he helped fix (covered in Ranch dressing)!
Comments