In my life this week...
This week has been a fairly normal week for us. The noise level of the neighborhood was a little louder since it is Spring Break and our neighbors own several of those little "kid" motorcycles. They spent the week riding them through the neighborhood. However, the compensate, we turned music appreciation up a little bit - which the kids didn't mind at all! The louder the better according to them.
We started off last weekend spending the evening visiting with some great families from our local congregation. It was very nice to relax and visit with ladies that I don't normally get to "talk with" - meaning we say Hi as we clean up after our children in the pews and as we rush after the little ones headed out the door without us.
The one down side of this week, A was sick on Wednesday to Thursday. Almost exactly 24 hours, to the minute, she started complaining of a headache and got a 101.3 fever and then just jumped up and said, I'm better. Go figure! C and S complained about not feeling well, but they never got a fever. Everyone is feeling much better today!
In our homeschool this week...
Again, a pretty normal week. Everything was done without complaining and on time. It was great! They kids did spent Thursday watching movies and I was able to organize their toys in the playroom. Overall, a quiet week.
Places we're going and people we're seeing...
We didn't hit too many places this week. We spent Saturday evening visiting with several wonderful families from our local congregation and then S had piano lessons on Wednesday. We also went to the local genealogy meeting on Monday. I'm thinking I'm ready to start researching again and that A and S will be good research buddies. Because A wasn't feeling well, she and I stayed home Wednesday night.
My favorite thing this week was...
I think it was Wednesday evening - I don't like that she was sick. However, A and I spent the evening watching something and just cuddling on the couch. She is getting to be such a big girl (and H doesn't like to share her lap) that we don't get to do that very often. It was nice!
What's working/not working for us...
Everything is great this week. It all worked well for us.
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
Nothing about homeschool - however in our state politics, there is alot of talk about budget cuts and how the per child spending is going to be cut at public schools. They said it's going to be cut by $800 per student - where are they spending that and more? I spend maybe, if I have to buy everyone new books and all new supplies $800 total! I'm amazed at what the public schools think they have to have and how different we view the needs/wants and what is really important in our children's education.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
"History is just the stories of real people like you put into words" ~ Linda Hobar, Lesson 72, Mystery of History
Comments