10 years ago, September 2, was a Sunday. I was feeling a little bad that morning, so we didn't goto worship. By 12:30, I decided I was feeling bad enough to goto the L&D. We spent the next 9 hours walking the halls of Christus St. Catherine, hooked up to monitors, and finally hooked up to an IV and a pitocin drip. When my water was broken, all the fluid came out so fast, it scared the dr and I was put on oxygen and placed head down on the bed - to keep the cord from coming first. Finally, at roughly 9:30 at night, my 1st child was born. She was a pretty little girl - no funny shaped head - with some hair (we thought it was a full head until her sister was born 2 years later). She was 7 lbs and 12.5 ounces. We spent the next fews days learning all about dirty diapers and nursing. One of my nurses - Dottie - was great. She took the time to make sure we knew what we needed to know. S was a slow nurser and Dottie took the time to help her and me along.
Can't believe it's been 10 years! Happy Birthday, S!!!!
Can't believe it's been 10 years! Happy Birthday, S!!!!


Comments