Occasionally the question will pop up on homeschooling boards about taking days off when the local public schools are cancelled for most often ice. Usually our answer is No, why take the day off - it's too cold to be outside, the ice isn't something you can play in and you can't go anywhere because it's too dangerous to drive? That question is often followed with questions about taking a summer break. Again, everyone's inside because it's so hot so why take the day off?
That's my normal answer since we live in North TX where winters are cold and icy and the summers are hot. After yesterday, I think I should modify my answer. We don't take ICE days but we do take SNOW days! What are snow days? The rare days (4th time most snowfall in recorded history) when it actually snows instead of ices; the days when you can have real snow ball fights and you can build real snowmen.






That's my normal answer since we live in North TX where winters are cold and icy and the summers are hot. After yesterday, I think I should modify my answer. We don't take ICE days but we do take SNOW days! What are snow days? The rare days (4th time most snowfall in recorded history) when it actually snows instead of ices; the days when you can have real snow ball fights and you can build real snowmen.
Comments