Lots of posts about our new house. Have we been doing any school? Yes, in between projects and being sick. This fall/winter has been very hard on our house. We've had flu, colds, mono, strep, stomach viruses, and all sort of not feel goods.
We did start the next level on Teaching Textbooks and are about to start a poetry unit in writing. We are moving along, it just feels like it's not sometimes. I have reverted to my old habit of writing down on a calendar everything we are doing each day - it helps me see that between house projects, running to town, and doctor appointments, we are getting school work done. It was something I implemented when we built our house in Katy and I was pregnant with number 3. Sometimes, I just need the visual reminder that we are doing something besides keeping Exxon in business.
In addition to our study of zoology in science, we've added Botany back in. Hopefully we'll be more successful with the projects now that we have sun in our yard. The experiments are a little hard to complete when you live in a forest.
We did start the next level on Teaching Textbooks and are about to start a poetry unit in writing. We are moving along, it just feels like it's not sometimes. I have reverted to my old habit of writing down on a calendar everything we are doing each day - it helps me see that between house projects, running to town, and doctor appointments, we are getting school work done. It was something I implemented when we built our house in Katy and I was pregnant with number 3. Sometimes, I just need the visual reminder that we are doing something besides keeping Exxon in business.
In addition to our study of zoology in science, we've added Botany back in. Hopefully we'll be more successful with the projects now that we have sun in our yard. The experiments are a little hard to complete when you live in a forest.
Comments