The month of November is when people generally post their thankfulness lists daily on facebook. This year, I decided to post mine here because later I can print this list and remember what November 2013 was like. For those who don't know, I periodically go through my blog and print everything off before a certain time, usually I leave the last year up. Then, I put the printouts in a folder marked for school progress reports.
Something else different you will find in my thankfulness list - they are tailored to each day. As a friend on FB said, it's about looking for the blessings in everyday life.
1: Dr's who listen, treat you with respect, and who are available when needed.
Something else different you will find in my thankfulness list - they are tailored to each day. As a friend on FB said, it's about looking for the blessings in everyday life.
1: Dr's who listen, treat you with respect, and who are available when needed.
2:
3: That I can renew my auto registration and change the mailing address online, even a few days after it's due.
4: Health Insurance - I know there are alot of people who are complaining about what's coming. I'm just happy to have insurance and that we are able to get the medical care and medicine we need, when needed.
5: For 2 wonderful people - Kenneth and Doris, one of whom I've never meet, but who decided 44 years ago to get married and whose son is now my wonderful, amazing, handsome, and awesome husband.
November 1970 - Craig is the baby
6: For computer, my scanner, and my printer without which I wouldn't have been able to gather all the information and pictures requested for the funeral or legal things. All the physical copies of the information are still in boxes. If I didn't have my computer, I would have spent many long hours looking through the boxes for the information instead of just pulling up the files on my computer. I'm also thankful for HP printers and their wonderful ink which can print out 10 8X10 best print pictures, all printed AFTER the low ink lights have been on for several weeks.
7: For wonderful family and friends -
For Bob and Sue, Uncle Charlie, Chuck - That Bob can lead singing and was willing to lead the same song he lead so many years ago for the family. That Sue and Uncle Charlie and Chuck came to the funeral and to support our family. I'm especially glad they came because I know that if I needed help with the kids, they would just step up without being asked.
For Randy, our preacher and the kids adopted grandfather - for his willingness to come, to provide his insight to Craig on the service, to leading singing, and for helping "herd" the kids afterwards.
For Mr. Kemp, Mark Trammell, and Greg Newman - for their support for our family by coming to the funeral
For the Selfs church of Christ - for their loving kindness towards Kenneth and Lupie, for their wonderful dinner, and for opening their building to our family as we gathered from the far reaches of TX to mourn and celebrate Kenneth and the legacy of his family.
8: For quiet days where daughters ask - "Mama will you teach me how to double crochet? I want to make some Christmas presents."
9: For my very own classical piano concert.
10: For the faith and growth of little boys who through adversity said the biggest, most grown up prayer to day "Dear God, Thank you for Jesus. Please comfort everyone who loved Grandpa. Amen"
11: For newer AC/Heat units that are so quiet you have to open the door and touch them to see if they are running.
12: For beautiful singing of favorite hymns
13: For pretty little girls with pretty little curls
14: For Kitchen Aide mixers, bread makers, and ovens
15: For the Commerce Area homeschoolers and parkdays! I've really enjoyed getting to know some new ladies and renewing friendships with others.
16: For a wonderful, handsome, awesome, amazing husband who can fix anything!!
17: For beautiful weather to work outside in
18: For the Internet and online bill pay.
19: For new neighbors.
20: For big strong arms to snuggle in each night.
21: For all the wonderful people who blessed us with baby girl clothes. They were loved and worn with pride and were lovely placed with wonderful remembrances into a bag for a pair of new nieces.
22: For heaters and OBS siding and insulation.
23: For cold wet days where Craig works inside to get some of my things done.
24: For warm blankets and netflix and afternoons of just doing nothing.
25: That my projects from the weekend are still standing or sticking in this case. My magnetic spice rack seems to be sticking. And for the record, Craig put up the steel backing. It was the magnets that were causing us problems.
26: For the most amazing, wonderful, awesome husband ever, who knows I passionately dislike driving in the mud so he drove my van down to the gate this morning so I don't have to.
27: For amazing Godly women who took on the role of mentor for me and through the wonders of the Internet and facebook, are still able to provide guidance when needed. Thankful today for Marilyn, Cindy, LeeAnn, Sharon, and all the wonderful ladies who taught cradle roll when my oldest ones were little.
28: For wonderful family and their living close to us and their willingness to open their home and share Thanksgiving meals with cousins.
29: For perfect weather for burning shrub (and boxes) and roasting marshmellows and hotdogs.
30: For warm winter days where we can spend the day outside playing and working.









Comments