I decided that our character training this year will follow the Fruit of the Spirit. I found, several years ago, a Fruit of the Spirit Tea Bible Study. And Confessions of a Homeschooler has a week study guide for each Fruit.
I picked Sunday afternoons for our tea - which we'll do once a month. Why Sunday afternoon - because it's what's free and because Dad can often join us. Then, through out the month, we'll talk about what each fruit is about and how we can demonstrate it in our lives. The Confessions study is geared toward the younger set and instead of taking a week, I'll make the days correspond to the weeks of the month. ie: Day 1 of Patience will be week 1. There are only 4 days worth of activites/studies. The Tea Bible Study is geared at a junior/high school or older level. However, I like the idea and the questions are easily adaptable for younger children.
I decided to start with Patience - because the Tea Scone which goes with patience is Raspberry and raspberries are available fresh right now.
After lunch, I make the scones and set the table with our pretty luncheon plates and decorated with flowers. Then, we served the tea and discussed the Fruit for the month. After eatting, I gave the 3 oldest the worksheets to be filled out. S did very well looking up and copying. A did great at looking up the verses. She writes slower than S (which is understandable since she is 2 years younger). She didn't quite finish copying all the verses. With a month to study, she'll have time to finish. C copied the definition and will work through the verses throughout the month. C and Z both received blank pieces of paper to draw pictures of how they can be patient. H really enjoyed being allowed to drink from the fancy cups!!

I picked Sunday afternoons for our tea - which we'll do once a month. Why Sunday afternoon - because it's what's free and because Dad can often join us. Then, through out the month, we'll talk about what each fruit is about and how we can demonstrate it in our lives. The Confessions study is geared toward the younger set and instead of taking a week, I'll make the days correspond to the weeks of the month. ie: Day 1 of Patience will be week 1. There are only 4 days worth of activites/studies. The Tea Bible Study is geared at a junior/high school or older level. However, I like the idea and the questions are easily adaptable for younger children.
I decided to start with Patience - because the Tea Scone which goes with patience is Raspberry and raspberries are available fresh right now.
After lunch, I make the scones and set the table with our pretty luncheon plates and decorated with flowers. Then, we served the tea and discussed the Fruit for the month. After eatting, I gave the 3 oldest the worksheets to be filled out. S did very well looking up and copying. A did great at looking up the verses. She writes slower than S (which is understandable since she is 2 years younger). She didn't quite finish copying all the verses. With a month to study, she'll have time to finish. C copied the definition and will work through the verses throughout the month. C and Z both received blank pieces of paper to draw pictures of how they can be patient. H really enjoyed being allowed to drink from the fancy cups!!




Comments